Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Peter Owen

Poveys Oatcakes
Admin
Topic starter
(@poveys)
I have just delved into the Tripadvisor Swamp and find it totally innappropriate to describe my dealings with Poveys. I gave up after the first two Questions.

I have however been dealing with you for several years now and forward my thoughts.

As an Ex-Potter I suffered some "Oatcake withdrawal Symptoms" after my Parents passed away and I no longer visited Stafford. I was borne in Cobridge although I never lived there. My father was a Foreman "Tile Slabber" in Cobridge and tought me the technique of cooking Breakfast on a Highly Polished Shovel in the Kiln.

In those days most corners in Cobridge had an Oatcake Shop. Usually someones front window with Wife and Family producing tha 'cakes on the stove. Sadly that has been gone for many years but I was pleased to see that you fought to keep the tradition going. Long may you continue. Your Oatcakes taste as good as those I ate as a small boy and your service to me, in the Decadent South, has been First Class.

You may use any of the above for advertising Purposes as long as you don't reveal my details.

With Best Regards for the future in Biddulph.

Peter Owen

Share: